Pancakes are always a good idea, right? Right. If you know anyone who doesn’t think so, make sure you drop them as a friend because pancakes are always good at anytime, and any place. Rainy morning? Pancakes. Post workout? Pancakes. Having friends over on a Friday night? Pancakes.
Pancakes pretty much rule the world so today I bring you these beautiful Lemon Zest Pancakes made by Cortney, my beautiful friend and blogger who is the author of Project Sunny. Cort whips up some of the best plant-based recipes i’ve ever seen so I knew she would come through with something awesome. Go give her blog some love (right after you whip up these goodies for yourself!
These pancakes are only 8 ingredients so they come together in a flash, are naturally vegan, and can be made gluten free very easily. In this way, pretty much everyone you know can enjoy them, regardless of allergies or food preferences. Also the toppings are ENDLESS. Grill up some lemon slices, top with some jam, and lay on the maple syrup because these babies are delicious with just about anything.
Lemon Zest Pancakes (v, gf)
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 1/4 cup flour (can be made gf if you use gf flour)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- zest of one lemon
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl combine the almond milk, water, olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir gently just until combined/moistened.
- Lightly spray a large skillet. Non-stick skillets will work best. Heat the skillet to medium-high heat. Each pancake will be about 2 large spoonfuls of batter, or 1/4 cup.
- Flip the pancakes when the top starts to bubble and you can slide your spatula under the pancake without any problem. Both sides of the pancake will be golden brown once it is done cooking. Serve immediately.
*Top your pancakes with strawberry jam, fresh berries, maple syrup, or powdered sugar! Leftovers can be refrigerated and will last for 2-3 days.
Comments Off on Lemon Zest Pancakes (v, gf)