February 3, 2020
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Waterl<ss. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have a confession to make: I am a recovering heat treat and hair washing ADDICT. All throughout my childhood and teenage years, I would wash my hair & put heat on it EVERY SINGLE DAY. I was under the jaded impression that washing my hair every day was a must and honestly had no clue it’s more damaging than good.
So today, I’m here to tell you something I didn’t learn for a long time: WASHING YOUR HAIR LESS IS GOOD. It has been proven time and time again, that not washing your hair for a few days is actually more healthy for your hair.
I like to extend the life of my washes with the help of dry shampoo and dry conditioner. If you’re not on the bandwagon, you’re going to be after this post. Seriously, it is a HOLY GRAIL product. I use dry shampoo and conditioner in a few ways. First, I use it when my hair is just washed to add a little texture! My hair is typically really soft which doesn’t help when I’m trying to get it to hold a style. Adding in a dry shampoo helps it to hold. Then, I add a bit of dry conditioner in, to smooth everything out.
Second, I use it to give my hair a bit of life back after a few days of not washing. Adding a bit in at your roots really helps to rejuvenate your hair and give it that freshly washed look. If you’re looking for somewhere to start, check out Waterl<ss. It’s one of my favorite dry shampoo and conditioner brands and I LOVE the message behind it.
Waterl>ss was created by a team of scientists who were working to improve the non-wash days of our hair. When the products were ready for testing, there was a situation emerging in South Africa where the city was running out of water. With a need for products to help women on their non-wash days, Waterl>ss provided the people of Cape Town with an option to get clean, conditioned, and great smelling hair without using water. The Waterl>ss line is designed to work on a diverse group of hair types because we’re all different! They’re now available in the U.S.! You can check out more about their amazing story and products: here at Sally Beauty.
If you’re new to this, there are a few things you can do to extend your washes! One of them is finding a style that lasts for a few days. For me: this is beach waves. The trick is you do them once, then they look relaxed & pretty the next few days!
What you will need:
1) Start with dry hair.
2) Add in Waterl<ss Dry Shampoo & Dry Conditioner! I use the “for fine hair”. This really helps to add texture to my hair and keeps the style in.
3) Massage in the dry shampoo! If it’s day 2 or 3 of not washing my hair, I also love to add in a bit of Waterl<ss Hair Refresher. It smells SO good!
4) Split your hair and put it half up. This just makes it easier to work with.
5) Wrap your hair around your barrel starting halfway down the hair. When you reach the end, leave about an inch out at the bottom (aka don’t wrap this part around the barrel). This technique is really what helps the hair to look more relaxed and less “curled”.
6) Continue this technique until all of your hair is waved. I like to curl the two front pieces (your bangs) up a bit higher for more volume, and then hold them in a little longer on the curler to frame your face.
7) Spray with hairspray once more, then shake your hair out! I like to flip my head a few times to loosen the curls and have it look a bit messier.
8) Rock that NEW DO GIRL!
One thing I love about this beach wave hairstyle is that you can wear it in so many different ways! On day 2 or 3, I love adding a scrunchie and doing a little half-up bun look like I’m wearing above. It’s really cute and SO easy to accomplish. My jam = hairstyles that look like they took a while to create but really took about 5 minutes! The dream, am I right?
I hope this post inspired you to take it a little easier on your hair, and give these beach waves a try! Let’s me know how they work for you, I hope they become your new go-to!