January 22, 2018
Hey guys! Since I’ve been seeing a lot of new faces and eyes on my blog and Instagram @katerinaseigel, I figured I’d share a few things about myself that hopefully, help you get to know me a little better. While I love taking and sharing photos, sometimes I feel like it’s hard to get to know people just through visuals. That’s why when I was choosing my blog resolutions for this year, I really wanted to share more personal content about my life that I *hope* you guys can relate to.
This month, I’m hoping to launch an Instagram photo series where I’ll be sharing how I shoot my photos, what I edit with and just some general tips for using photo apps. Also, I am currently working on an ebook packed with plant-based recipes and tips to make any dietary transition easier. After polling you guys on Instagram, these seem to be two key things you want to see so that’s what I’m working on! Lastly – if there’s anything else you’d like to see, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Without further adieu, let’s get to know each other:
10 Things You Might Not Know About Me
1. I donât drink coffee – As much as I love the taste of coffee and coffee flavored things, coffee kills my stomach. I swore off it in college after realizing how sick it made me. I’m a huge tea girl, I love every flavor and am addicted to loose leaf tea. #SponsorMeTeavana
2. Iâm a repeat texter – Nine times out of ten if I’m texting someone the conversation looks something like this:
“Hey fam what’re you up to tonight?
If you wanna get food I’m thinking we could go to the city.
We could go to that Mexican place on south street
Idk, what’re you up in the mood for? :)”
While I’m well aware everything could have been on one line, for some reason it feels better to send each thought as they come to mind rather than waiting to type a full paragraph? I’m absolutely that person that will make your phone vibrate 19 times in one-minute hahah, sorry bout’ it.
3. I talk a lot – Literally anyone who knows me in real life knows I talk a ton. Friends always tell me I could talk to a brick wall haha (probably not a good thing). While there’s definitely a long list of things I could be better at, having a conversation with pretty much anyone is something I’ve always felt confident/comfortable doing. I have a great time bs ‘ing with teens, children, and 80-year-old women at alike. Everyones got something interesting to say.
4. My motivation for going places is 9/10 for food. – Seriously, I’ll plan an entire trip around the food in the area. Most of the time when I’m in the city, it’s because I’m dragging friends to a new restaurant I saw online. While a lot of people think of eating simply as sustenance, I prefer to view it as an adventure. I adore sitting down with people I love for a good meal. Maybe it’s the Italian in me?
5. I’m severely lactose intolerant.. which is what actually got me interested in veganism/plant-based diets in general. After feeling like crap my entire childhood and always (I mean always) having a stomach ache, in college I decided to make an appointment with a holistic medicine doctor to figure out why I was always in sick. From there, I was put on an elimination diet, meaning I had to give up gluten and dairy for half a year to see how I felt. Realizing that dairy was definitely a big part of my problems, I swore off it then and haven’t looked back since. If you think you have a dairy problem: take the leap and cut it out of your diet. You’ll feel so much better! Plus, there are so many amazing dairy-free alternatives nowadays that you definitely don’t have to miss out.
6. Piggybacking off the point above – I kind of got into blogging by accident. Once I was forced to change my diet, I started getting really into cooking since I basically had to re-learn what my daily diet looked like. Just for the fun of it, I started taking crappy photos on my phone and posting them to IG. After doing this for a few weeks, I noticed that friends, family, and an even a few people I didn’t know kept asking questions about my meals and inquiring about the recipe. Realizing that it was a pain (and quite frankly impossible) to put all of the info in for these recipes into an Instagram caption, I decided to start a blog out of the pure necessity of having nowhere else to give people this info haha.
7. I have a potty mouth and use a lot of slang. Anyone who knows me in real life can 100% attest to this. While I’m kind of a grammar nazi, I tend to use a lot of “descriptive” (for lack of a better term) words when speaking and am super casual. I also always pick up slang from friends and words used in the area. You know when you catch yourself using a word and have no idea where it came from? I do that way too frequently. For example: jawn (which is apparently in the dictionary now? okay).
8. My style is all over the board. As you guys can tell from my Instagram, my style ranges from really feminine, to trendy, to 90’s mom every other day (lol). While sometimes I live for heels and dresses, other days you can find me in Adidas and a big t-shirt. Growing up as a tomboy, my general uniform was skinny jeans, sneakers, and a band t-shirt. When I got to high school, however, my wardrobe really grew and expanded as I became interested in every type of fashion out there. From preppy, to punk, to Parisian, I love it all. One of the reasons I love fashion so much is because you can change up your look every single day. I’ve never been one to box myself into a specific category so I think my style is an extension of that.
10. I hate confrontation / fighting. This is such a core personality trait of mine it isn’t even funny haha. Fighting makes me realllyyyy uncomfortable to the point where I genuinely can’t remember one serious fight I’ve ever had with the people in my life. I’m not sure if this is because I was blessed with drama free friendships/relationships (so thankful) but I really can’t even bring myself to be mad at people. I have the general mentality that nothing is ever really a big enough deal to fight over.
While I could go on forever, I tried to pick some things that were worth a laugh and maybe helped you get to know me a little better. Please let me know in the comments if you guys relate to any of the above, or share with me a few things about yourself! Can’t wait to be BFFs.